Saturday, October 30, 2010

Why I Love the Mountains

Just a little more about our recent camping trip as I finally got around to uploading my pictures.

Our first night camping, a heavy cloud settled in on the mountain across the meadow. Then the moon started to rise. It was really cool so I took a series of pictures.
   
1. Moon rising on meadow.

2. Almost up.


 


3. Sitting on the trees.
 
4. Into the clouds.

5. Gone.
  The next morning the clouds / fog eventually cleared and we took a road we had never travelled before. David thought it only went in a mile. But it went on and on and on. We kept climbing higher and higher. We checked the tripometer on the way out. Turned out we went in 4 miles. It seemed further to me. We saw a few big does, but this view was the best part.

Looking Northwest toward Sierreta Peak.

Looking North toward the Kern Canyon.

Close up of previous - you can see the Needles.







No comments:

Post a Comment