Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Learning

I guess you never stop learning. Which is a good thing. I have opened an Etsy shop with the encouragement of my daughter. As I may have mentioned earlier, I joined the ranks of the unemployed in May of this year. When I went to visit my daughter who lives in Washington, she suggested that I sell my homecrafting projects/extras on Etsy. Well I worked on computers everyday at my previous job, but setting up an Etsy shop is a whole new experience. It's one thing to work with software applications on your computer, it's another to set things up on the Internet. (I haven't had any formal training like some of you out there.)

I finally posted a few items to my Etsy shop and it was terrifying for some reason. I think I was also afraid it would steal some of my new found freedom. Today I added my Etsy shop to the sidebar of my Blog. Another new learning opportunity. I guess it goes to show, even this old dog can learn new tricks. The name of my shop? DLC Homecrafting what else. (DLC are my initials.)

No comments:

Post a Comment